- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrainded
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage, onion and pepper over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain.
- Add broth, tomatoes, basil and parsley; bring to a boil. Stir in zucchini and orzo; return to a boil. Cook, covered, 10-12 minutes or until zucchini and orzo are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forItalian Sausage & Zucchini Soup
"My husband loved this soup recipe. He kept going back for more. Thank you it was a big success as well as delicious too!"
"Very tasty and easy to make. I'll be making this again!"
"Very simple and using garden fresh veggies and herbs makes it burst with flavor! Thanks!"