- 1 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1 jar (24 ounces) garlic and herb spaghetti sauce
- 3 cups water
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 16-20 minutes or until flavors are blended. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews forItalian Sausage & Bean Soup
"We made a Vegan version of this yummy recipe! Used 1-1/2 pkgs. Vegan Italian Sausage, diced it and browned it a bit in oil. Made the soup portion, cooking 'til the cabbage was very tender. (Had to add a bit more water to do this) Added the 'Sausage' at the end and cooked about 5 minutes longer. It was SOOOO YUMMY!To "win30o6" I've got a question. It's simple. "Why?!" If you don't like what you see, back-out of this site. Simple as that. It's not funny. It's not cute. It's not meant for your intertainment. It's a place for people that enjoy cooking and leaving comments in their ACTUAL experiences with a recipe or to add questions."
"This soup has great flavor! Only rated it 4 stars, since it really needs to cook longer for the cabbage in the coleslaw mix to get softer. If you're concerned about the fat and sodium in this recipe, like win30o6 so rudely was, all you have to do is get some turkey or chicken sausage instead. And, cut down on the sodium by either buying low sodium beans or cooking up your own beans and spaghetti sauce. Most times there's a way, without being rude. I did also add some crushed red pepper and garlic powder, like some former reviews recommended."
"Very yummy, and super easy, added a bit of garlic powder because garlic makes everything better."
"I loved this soup. It was great and my family also loved it."
"very nice recipe"
"I'm making this again today for about the 4th time. It is fabulous...don't add anything else; not necessary!"