This is a nice accompaniment to a hearty meal. The best part about salads like this is that you can add or substitute your family's favorite vegetables.
Recommended: 40 Lettuce Recipes You Can Get Excited About
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 bunch leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow, red or green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Italian salad dressing to taste
- In a large salad bowl, toss all ingredients. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian Salad Bowl in Country Woman May/June 1991, p37