Italian Rice Balls
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar or Asiago cheese
- 3 cups seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Marinara sauce or Alfredo sauce, optional
- Cook rice according to package directions. While still warm, place in a bowl. Stir in the egg, cheese, 1 cup bread crumbs and parsley; mix well. Shape into tennis-size balls. Roll into remaining bread crumbs until well coated. In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil at 375°. Fry rice balls until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels. To serve, slice rice balls in half and top with warmed marinara or Alfredo sauce if desired.
Dec 22, 2010
I wanted something that would be a good stand alone appetizer but they just seemed to be missing something. Some spice or something. If you do decide to give them a try, you'll definately have to serve them with a sauce.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.