Italian Ranch Chicken Strips
Zesty chicken strips pass the trim-and-tasty test LaDonna Reed gives most of her recipes. "I prefer food that is low in fat but has lots of flavor," she notes from Ponca City, Oklahoma. "I made these chicken strips for supper one night...and they were a huge hit! They're simple to make, too."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2/3 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into eight strips
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflake crumbs, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. In another shallow bowl, combine dressing and water. Dip chicken into dressing mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Arrange chicken on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly spray top of chicken with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts2 ounce-weight: 147 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 413mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Italian Ranch Chicken Strips in Light & Tasty August/September 2004