Zesty chicken strips pass the trim-and-tasty test LaDonna Reed gives most of her recipes. "I prefer food that is low in fat but has lots of flavor," she notes from Ponca City, Oklahoma. "I made these chicken strips for supper one night...and they were a huge hit! They're simple to make, too."
Recommended: March Madness Party Appetizers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2/3 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into eight strips
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflake crumbs, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. In another shallow bowl, combine dressing and water. Dip chicken into dressing mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Arrange chicken on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly spray top of chicken with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian Ranch Chicken Strips in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p45