Italian Potato Pancake
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium potato, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Rinse grated potato in cold water; drain thoroughly. In a bowl, combine potato, onion, flour, egg, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. In a skillet, heat oil; add potato mixture. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Turn; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 378 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 213mg cholesterol, 69mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 18, 2015
The basic concept and method are good, but neither my husband nor I were really enthusiastic about the flavor combinations of potatoes with Italian herbs and mozzarella. Leave out the herbs and substitute cheddar cheese and I think it would be great--but I realize that's not what this is supposed to be.