- 1-1/2 cups frozen home-style egg noodles
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 jar (15 ounces) marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup frozen pepper strips, thawed and chopped
- 3/4 cup beef broth, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the pork, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the marinara sauce, peppers, 1/2 cup broth, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt, sage, thyme and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth. Gradually stir into the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain noodles; stir into pork mixture. Remove from the heat; dollop with ricotta cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forItalian Pork Skillet
"This is a tasty recipe. I used gluten free noodles due to an allergy, but stayed true to the rest of the recipe."
"I thought this was very good. A few changes I made: I used fresh pepper instead of frozen. I also added a can of mushrooms. I also didn't use the frozen noodles- I bought a bag (1#) of Amish style egg noodles and used about 3 handfuls, which was the perfect amount. I didn't have any sage, so I left that out. Next time I would use half the amount of the thyme as it was a little strong. I also used reduced fat cottage cheese instead of the ricotta. I will definitely make this again, it was easy and very tasty!"