Italian Pork Chop Dinner
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remover to paper towels. In the drippings, saute mushrooms, onion and garlic until tender. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker with a slotted spoon. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning, salt, garlic powder, pepper and cayenne; coat pork chops with flour mixture.
- In the same skillet, brown the pork chops; transfer to the slow cooker. Top with tomatoes and bacon. Combine the broth, tomato paste and remaining Italian seasoning; add to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until pork is tender; add peas during the last 30 minutes. Serve with pasta.
Dec 23, 2013
A bit of work at the beginning but well worth it. I loved the amount of seasoning. Just enough without overpowering the recipe. I served it with egg noodles and poured the sauce over the noodles and chops. After I was done frying the chops and had put them in the slow cooker, I poured the sauce into the frying pan and worked the brown bits off the bottom. Then I poured it all into the slow cooker. Will definitely make this again!
Dec 8, 2010
Followed the directions exactly and the result was BLAND! Very disappointing and a waste of 6 beautiful pork chops.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.