Italian Pizza Meat Loaf
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing
Makes2 loaves (8 servings each)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup jarred pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Additional pizza sauce (warmed) and shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first 11 ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Divide mixture between two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans.
- Bake until a thermometer reads 160°, 50-60 minutes. If desired, top with additional sauce and cheese.
- Freeze option: Shape meat loaves in plastic wrap-lined 9x5-in. loaf pans; cover and freeze until firm. Remove from pans and wrap securely in foil; return to freezer. To use, unwrap meat loaves and bake in pans as directed, increasing time to 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer inserted in center reads 160°. Top as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 193 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 408mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Nov 22, 2013
My family enjoyed this meatloaf, although we left out the olives. I will plan on making it again! We topped our with melted mozzarella cheese and used pizza sauce on the side.
Aug 1, 2013
Just plain terrible! So mealy that we not only tossed out what we didn?t eat but also the one in the freezer. What a waste of good meat!
Mar 12, 2013
This is a real family pleaser! Kids and adults alike all enjoyed this different meat loaf! We will be making this again soon.