My grandmother made this rich, tempting trifle every year for our family’s Christmas Eve celebrations. Now I make it to carry on her special tradition. It’s an easy, delicious no-bake dessert everyone will love. —Ann-Marie Milano, Milton, Massachusetts
Featured In: 48 No-Bake, No-Stress Potluck Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 3 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers, split
- In a small bowl, beat the ricotta, cream cheese, sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla until fluffy. In a large bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form; fold into ricotta mixture.
- In another bowl, combine the pineapple, pie filling and remaining vanilla. In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or glass serving bowl, arrange two packages of ladyfingers over the bottom and up the sides.
- Layer a third of the ricotta mixture, a third of the pineapple mixture and half of the remaining ladyfingers. Repeat layers once. Layer remaining ricotta and pineapple mixtures. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Italian Pineapple Trifle in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p91
Reviews forItalian Pineapple Trifle
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review