Italian Pasta Supper Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried marjoram, oregano and thyme
- 1-1/2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef, onion, parsley and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar and seasonings; mix well. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add macaroni; mix well. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
In summer, give Italian Pasta Supper a fresher flavor by using 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil and 3/4 teaspoon each minced fresh marjoram, oregano and thyme.
1 each: 270 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 500mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 6g fiber), 17g protein.