Italian Pasta Supper
When my husband and I lived on a farm, this wonderful stovetop dish satisfies hearty appetites after a long day of work in the fields. It's simple to prepare.—Emily Smith, Orangeville, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 55 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried marjoram, oregano and thyme
- 1-1/2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion, parsley and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar and seasonings; mix well. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add macaroni; mix well. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until heated through.
In summer, give Italian Pasta Supper a fresher flavor by using 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil and 3/4 teaspoon each minced fresh marjoram, oregano and thyme.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 270 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 500mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 6g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Italian Pasta Supper in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.