Italian Parmesan Snack Mix
A favorite sausage pizza inspired me to create this savory mix. It has great Italian flavors in a fun-to-eat snack version. —Priscilla Yee, Concord, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makes14 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 7 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups miniature pretzels
- 2 cups Parmesan and garlic-flavored snack crackers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a 3-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereal, pretzels and crackers. In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, seasoned salt, Italian seasoning and fennel. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat. Stir in cheese.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes, stirring after each minute. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 153 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 530mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Italian Double Parmesan Chex Mix in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011