VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 7 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups miniature pretzels
- 2 cups Parmesan and garlic-flavored snack crackers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a 3-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereal, pretzels and crackers. In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, seasoned salt, Italian seasoning and fennel. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat. Stir in cheese.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes, stirring after each minute. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 14 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Italian Snack Mix in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011, p52
Reviews forItalian Parmesan Snack Mix
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 25, 2012
"Yuck. Did not taste Italian at all. Basically vinegar and cereal. Not a pleasant combination."