Italian Parmesan Bread Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Melted butter or margarine
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 2 cups flour, 1/4 cup butter, egg, sugar, salt and seasonings. Beat at low speed until mixed, about 30 seconds; increase speed to medium and continue beating for 2 minutes. Stir in remaining flour and 1/3 cup cheese; beat until smooth. Cover bowl and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Stir batter 25 strokes. Spread batter into a greased 1-1/2-qt. casserole; brush with melted butter and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 350° about 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes before removing from the casserole. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 slice: 97 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Italian Parmesan Bread
"Phenomenal results. Absolutely delicious."