Italian Orange Roughy
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Cook: 5 min.
- 1 pound orange roughy fillets
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- Place fish fillets in a shallow 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, positioning the thickest portion of fish toward the outside edges. In a small bowl, combine the tomato juice, vinegar and salad dressing mix; pour over fish. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with onions and green pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Turn fillets over; cook 1-3 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Let stand, covered, for 2 minutes.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 105 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 805mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Jul 17, 2014
It sounds delicious and I will be trying it with some modifications. This recipe gets a fail for the low-sodium category. My husband is recovering from a heart attack and the guidelines for anyone over age 50, regardless of heart health is 1500 mg of sodium a day. Under age 50 2000/daily. This recipe could easily be made more heart friendly by using Hunt's no sodium tomato sauce instead of the incredibly higher sodium tomato juice. The other lower sodium modification I will try is my own italian seasonings and Diamond Crystals salt sense versus a pre-packaged seasoning mix. Again, most of these mixes and high in sodium content.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.