Italian Meatball Sandwiches
Frozen meatballs and store-bought spaghetti sauce are the time-saving tricks to these fast and filling sandwiches. Whip them up and watch them disappear!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs
- 1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 6 hoagie or submarine buns, split
- Place meatballs in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thawed.
- Transfer to a large saucepan; add the spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and green pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-6 minutes or until the meatballs are heated through. Serve on buns.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with an 850-watt microwave.
This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 506 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 1433mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 6g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Italian Meatball Sandwiches in 2004 Taste of Home Calendar
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.