As a mother of two, it seems the only time I have to be creative is in the kitchen. I received a similar recipe from a co-worker but decided to add veggies and spices.
Recommended: 19 Stromboli Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 8 ounces brick cheese, sliced
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 5 ounces sliced deli ham
- Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix pizza sauce and 1/8 teaspoon each garlic powder and oregano.
- Punch down dough. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15x10-in. rectangle. Top with brick cheese, sauce mixture and remaining ingredients to within 1 in. of edges.
- Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under; transfer to a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining garlic powder and oregano. Bake until golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Stromboli in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p96
Reviews forItalian Meat Stromboli
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2015
"Family loved it. I used pepper jack for the brick cheese and shredded it. Also added 1/2 lb. of crumbled cooked sausage."