Italian Market Salad
With zesty dressing, pepperoni and cheese, this easy salad is a great addition to a spaghetti-and-meatballs dinner. It's a convenient dish that can be made the night before.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 2 ounces thinly sliced pepperoni
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained, optional
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and chill. Just before serving, stir in olives and tomatoes if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 266 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 825mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Italian Market Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.