With zesty dressing, pepperoni and cheese, this easy salad is a great addition to a spaghetti-and-meatballs dinner. It's a convenient dish that can be made the night before.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups cubed mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 2 ounces thinly sliced pepperoni
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained, optional
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and chill. Just before serving, stir in olives and tomatoes if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Italian Market Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p55
Reviews forItalian Market Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2011
"We really liked this. My husband said "It's like an Italian sub on a plate!""