Italian Herb Dipping Blend
Don't eat bread alone...enjoy fresh baked bread, like Sun-Dried Tomato Provolone Bread on page xxx with this herb flecked oil. Bead Alone by Judith Hendricks tells the story of the joy one woman experiences from bread making.—
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes4 servings per batch
- 2/3 cup dried basil
- 2/3 cup dried parsley flakes
- 6 tablespoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons dried minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons dried marjoram
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Italian or French bread
- Combine the first 10 ingredients. Transfer to small spice jars. Store in a cool, dry place for up to 1 year. Shake before using. Yield: 16 batches (2 cups mix).
- To prepare dipping blend: In a small skillet, heat 2 tablespoons seasoning mix with olive oil just until heated through. Divide among four shallow serving plates. Serve with bread.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons (calculated without bread): 244 calories, 27g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Italian Herb Dipping Sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.