Italian Herb Bread
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 3 hours + cooling
Makes1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
Editor's NoteWe recommend you do not use a bread machine's time-delay feature for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 123 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Feb 8, 2018
AWESOME! Was a little hesitant about the Dill & Tarragon, but OMG, IT'S SO GOOD!
Jan 15, 2014
This was definitely a hit. I don't like the typical loaf that bakes in the machine, so I always program it to dough setting, then shape it into a long loaf and place it on a greased cookie sheet, brush it with olive oi and let it rise for an hour. Before baking I use a sharp knive and make 4 slits across the top, then bake it for 30 min at 350F . My guests thought I bought it at the local bakery!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.