- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Reviews forItalian Herb Bread
"AWESOME! Was a little hesitant about the Dill & Tarragon, but OMG, IT'S SO GOOD!"
"This was definitely a hit. I don't like the typical loaf that bakes in the machine, so I always program it to dough setting, then shape it into a long loaf and place it on a greased cookie sheet, brush it with olive oi and let it rise for an hour. Before baking I use a sharp knive and make 4 slits across the top, then bake it for 30 min at 350F . My guests thought I bought it at the local bakery!"