Italian Green Beans and Mushrooms
Enhance your menu anytime using this flavorful recipe. Toasted almonds add crunch to the medley of green beans and mushrooms.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook onion in 1 tablespoon oil and butter for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown; set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook mushrooms and garlic in remaining oil for 4-6 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in the salt, oregano, pepper and beans; cook 3-5 minutes longer or until beans are tender.
- Place in a serving dish. Top with onions, cheese, almonds and basil.