This recipe has been a longtime family favorite. We love its savory, sweet, subtle Italian flavor. It's colorful, fluffy and a healthy way to start the day.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos, drained
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash salt
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add spinach; cover and boil for 3-5 minutes or until wilted. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the eggs, pimientos, Italian seasoning and parsley; set aside.
- Drain spinach and pat dry. In a 7-in. ovenproof skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter and oil until tender. Reduce heat; sprinkle with spinach, cheese and salt. Top with egg mixture. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until nearly set.
- Uncover skillet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1/2 frittata: 343 calories, 27g fat (12g saturated fat), 456mg cholesterol, 416mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Italian Frittata in Reminisce Extra May 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.