Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min.
Makes2 casseroles (6 servings each)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 3 cups shredded provolone cheese
- 1 cup chopped ripe olives
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- In a large skillet, cook pork and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Spread 1/3 cup sauce on the bottom of each of two greased 11x7-in. baking dishes. Place 4 pepperoni slices, 1/4 cup sausage mixture, 2 tablespoons provolone cheese and 1 heaping tablespoonful olives down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in prepared baking dishes. Pour remaining sauce over the top; sprinkle with Parmesan and remaining provolone cheese.
- Cover and bake one casserole at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Cover and freeze remaining casserole for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 enchilada: 362 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 1110mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 30, 2012
this looked to be yummy so i was excited to try this and actually thought the flavors of pepperoni and sausage in a tortilla were good!!! however something w/the sauce just seemed tasteless even w/all the spices in it - not sure if it was the paste or what but my family said it was just "ok" I will prob try again but maybe even use my own spaghetti sauce and see what happens but i love the creativity of it!
Aug 28, 2012
The sauce was too sweet for our taste
Jul 17, 2012
Very tasty and relatively easy to make. I used italian 5 cheese blend instead of the provolone and parmesan.