Italian Drop Biscuits
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheese, water and chilies just until moistened. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, Italian seasoning and garlic powder; brush over warm biscuits.
1 each: 99 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Aug 31, 2011
This is a keeper recipe!
Mar 19, 2011
these are really good. I am not of fan of green chilies and if you are not you can leave them out. I added a little more water also until they could be dropped by a spoon.