Italian-style panko crumbs and seasoning give this roast beef a special touch—it's a nice, effortless weeknight meal. That way, you can put your energy into relaxing. —Maria Regakis, Somerville, Massachusetts
Featured In: 35 Easy Dinners to Try This Winter
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Italian-style panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; sprinkle with salt. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; press onto top and sides of roast.
- Roast 1-3/4-2-1/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium well, 145°). Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Italian Crumb-Crusted Beef Roast in Simple & Delicious December/January 2014