Drop egg yolks on nests of whipped Italian-seasoned egg whites, then bake in a cast-iron skillet. Dreamy!—Matthew Hass, Franklin, Wisconsin
Recommended: 30 Classic Christmas Cookies to Spread Holiday Cheer
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 450°. Separate eggs; place whites in a large bowl and yolks in 4 separate small bowls. Beat egg whites, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper until stiff peaks form.
- In a 9-in. cast-iron skillet generously coated with cooking spray, drop egg white mixture into four mounds. With the back of a spoon, create a small well in the center of each mound. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake until light brown, about 5 minutes. Gently slip an egg yolk into each of the mounds. Bake until yolks are set, 3-5 minutes longer. Sprinkle with basil and tomatoes. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian Cloud Eggs in TasteofHome.com 2017