Italian Chuck Roast
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 pounds)
- 1 package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope au jus gravy mix
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- Cut roast in half. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the salad dressing mix, au jus mix and gravy mix with 1/4 cup water; rub over roast. Pour remaining water around the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with gravy.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 327 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 735mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 36g protein.
Jan 29, 2016
This roast is great for slicing and serving on a crusty roll, while using the juices to dip sandwiches in. While I previously used a recipe that was handed down, this is my new go-torecipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.