Italian Chicken Salad Cups
Everyone loves chicken salad, but this mayo-free version always stands out. Cooking the chicken in the crockpot gives it so much more flavor! For parties and showers, you can serve it on croissants or in lettuce cups. —Andria Lint, Flowery Branch, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
Makes16 servings (9 cups)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 5 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup drained capers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 16 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place the first five ingredients in a blender. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, sweet peppers, onion, almonds and capers; stir in vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve on lettuce; sprinkle with cheese.
Originally published as Italian Chicken Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.