Italian Chicken Pockets
"My sister-in-law prepared these hearty sandwiches that are filled with chicken, mushrooms and pepperoni," writes Tricia Buss of Telford, Pennsylvania. "My husband loved them so much, he insisted I ask for the recipe."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 3 pita breads (6 inches), halved and warmed
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat in oil until no longer pink. Add green pepper and mushrooms; cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Add pepperoni and spaghetti sauce; heat through.
- Spoon into pita bread halves. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.