Italian Chicken and Squash
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium heat until no longer pink. Add yellow squash and zucchini; cook for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Stir broth and lemon juice into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture and tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheeses.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 453 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 556mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 34g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 16, 2012
Very light and flavorful. I did use olive oil instead of butter. I also added some fresh basil at the end. My husband loved it.
Oct 9, 2008
this dish is so yummy. my kids loved it. I too tweaked the recipe. I added garlic and tossed the grape tomatoes in balsalmic vinegar. it was extremely tasty!