- 2/3 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk, divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Place 1/3 cup milk in another bowl. Dip chicken in milk, then coat with the cheese mixture. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine water, rice, salt if desired and remaining milk; mix well. Top with chicken. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until the rice is tender and chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forItalian Chicken and Rice
"Where do you get the Italian seasoning? Is there a certain brand?"