Italian Cheese Beer Bread
After trying a store-bought mix for cheesy beer bread, I realized I could create a better one from scratch. We serve slices appetizer-style with marinara sauce for dipping.—Kelly Maxwell, Plainfield, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (12 slices)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients; stir in cheese. Stir in beer just until moistened (batter will be thick).
- Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan; pour butter over top. Bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.
Originally published as Beyond Easy Italian Cheese Bread in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.