Italian Catfish Fillets
A tangy red sauce adds pizzazz to the catfish fillets in this easy entree from Cheri Lefkowitch of Norwalk, Connecticut. "I've been preparing this recipe for years, and my family loves it," she says.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons shredded Romano cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour half of the sauce into an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange fish over sauce. Top with remaining sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 292 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 911mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Italian Catfish Fillets in Light & Tasty February/March 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.