A tangy red sauce adds pizzazz to the catfish fillets in this easy entree from Cheri Lefkowitch of Norwalk, Connecticut. "I've been preparing this recipe for years, and my family loves it," she says.
Recommended: Easy Fish Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons shredded Romano cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour half of the sauce into an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange fish over sauce. Top with remaining sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian Catfish Fillets in Light & Tasty February/March 2003, p42