Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh broccoli spears, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Salt to taste
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, combine the oil, garlic and pepper flakes if desired. Cook over low heat until garlic begins to brown, about 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Using a slotted spoon, remove garlic and discard. Add broccoli and toss to coat. Season with salt. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 96 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 19, 2015
My husband called this 'melt in your mouth broccoli' and loved it! I used frozen broccoli instead of fresh and it turned out great. Here's my blog post on it: http://heatskitchen.com/2015/12/19/italian-broccoli/
Oct 25, 2015
The subtle flavors are fine with me.
Oct 18, 2012
I'm sorry, but I don't get it. This was very bland, without substance. There are many better ways to prepare unforgettable broccoli, but this isn't one of them.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.