Italian Breakfast Casseroles
My family just loves Italian food. So when I first whipped up this recipe using leftover spaghetti sauce, my family was delighted.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 medium red potatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced fully cooked ham, diced
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup each shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, fry potatoes in oil until tender, about 10-15 minutes. Place in the bottom of four individual 16-oz. dishes. In the same skillet, scramble eggs in butter until set; spoon over potatoes. Top with ham. Pour 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce into each casserole; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 566 calories, 33g fat (13g saturated fat), 482mg cholesterol, 1405mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 34g protein.
Originally published as Italian Breakfast Casseroles in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook