- 1-1/2 pounds beef top round steak, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh celery leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce
- Hot cooked pasta
- Pound meat to tenderize. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cut into 3-in. to 4-in. squares. Combine the bread crumbs, cheese, celery and herbs. Place a heaping spoonful of crumb mixture on each meat square and roll up. Secure with string or a toothpick. Roll meat in remaining crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown roll-ups in oil on all sides. Pour spaghetti sauce over all; cover and simmer 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with pasta. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forItalian Beef Roll ups
"Since I come from an Italian background this was always known as beef Braciole and they are excellent."