- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 32 small fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Pour 2/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the beef. seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the beef, zucchini and mushrooms. Brush with reserved marinade; sprinkle with salt. Broil 4 in. from heat for 5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning once and basting frequently with reserved marinade. Place a tomato on each skewer before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forItalian Beef Kabobs
"Grilled instead of broiled. Subbed red bell pepper for the mushroom."