- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (4 pounds), halved
- 2 envelopes Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mild pickled pepper rings, undrained
- 18 hoagie buns, split
- Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the salad dressing mix and water; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat; shred with two forks and return to the slow cooker. Add pepper rings; heat through. Spoon 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each bun. Yield: 18 servings.
Reviews forItalian Beef Hoagies
"Awesome & easy!"
"It was a big hit. The flavor was delicious. I couldn't find the meat it called for, so I used beef brisket. It still tasted great. My mom likes hers with horseradish mayo. Yummm!"
"My husband was not looking forward to another crock pot failure...boy was he surprised! After making this twice, this is now his 'go-to' beef dish. I ended up leaving it in the slow cooker for almost 12 hours, so it was very tender and the pickled peppers were the perfect topper. Thanks Taste of Home for a great recipe!"
"I have been making this for years! My family loves it. It always comes out very tender and flavorful!"
"not impressed, beef did not get as tender as i hoped, a little dry peppery flavor overpowered the flavor of the meat"
"I have made these several times now for potlucks at our church and it always goes over well. Could not find a sirloin tip roast the last time I made it, but the butcher said a tri-tip roast would be a good substitute...it worked fine."
"Wow! These sandwiches were super yummy! The perfect game day meal. I will for sure make these again."
"I've made this repeatedly and it is fantastic! The meat is so tender and flavorful and the recipe couldn't be easier. I do not alter the ingredients, but I do reserve some of the liquid left in the slow cooker to mix with the meat and peppers."
"Good flavor & was easy to make. I was disappointed that the meat didn't shred for me, but was okay sliced. I was trying not to overcook it & make it dry, so maybe that's where I went wrong. I stopped at 8 hours in the crock pot on low."