"This hearty recipe calls for convenient pantry items, so it's extremely easy to prepare," writes Judy Henfey of Austin, Texas. "It's best served with warm bread on a cool, crisp day."
Recommended: 50 Pasta Recipes from Around the World
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt or garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a large saucepan, combine the tomatoes, beans, spaghetti sauce, celery, onion and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve over pasta. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Beans and Pasta in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p34