Italian Bean Salad
Bottled dressing adds flavor in a flash to this salad sent in by Sue Ross of Casa Grande, Arizona. "The recipe can be doubled or even tripled for potlucks, picnics or barbecues," she assures.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans, cooked and drained
- 1 cup garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup julienned red onion
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/8 teaspoon salt or salt-free seasoning blend
- In a bowl, combine beans and onion. Add dressing and salt; toss to coat. Cover and chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 83 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 374mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Originally published as Two-Bean Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.