- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 7 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup pickled banana pepper rings
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 4 thin slices hard salami, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, tomatoes, cheese, yellow pepper, onion, pepper rings, olives, salami and basil.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 18 servings.
Reviews forItalian Basil Pasta Salad
"Really good, maybe a little more seasoning next time"
"Left out the olives due to preference, but really enjoyed this salad. It was best served the day of."
"Nice light salad. The only changes I made were to omit the olives and used processed mozzarella instead of fresh."
"This has become a must have especially when we grill out!"
"Made it for my Fourth of July cook out! Was a huge hit!!! I would put a little less salt next time- seemed a little salty to me but no complaints just great reviews from everyone who ate it! Definitely make it again!!"
"This was very good and will make it again. I put it together the night before and added the dressing and mozzarella right before I served it."
"This was so easy to make and I did it the day before and just added the dressing before serving and it was delicious - it will be one of my go to recipes"