- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper; add the chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons oil on each side. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- In the same skillet, saute the garlic, oregano and basil in remaining oil for 1 minute. Add broth and tomato puree. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Remove chicken and set aside. Pour sauce into a bowl and keep warm. Return chicken to the pan; top each with a cheese and tomato slice. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Arrange pasta on a large serving platter; top with chicken. Pour sauce over chicken and sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forItalian Baked Chicken
"Very good. I did think it was a bit bland as written. It may have been partially my fault as I forgot to salt my pasta water. Will definitely make again but add a bit more seasoning."
"easy to make and so delicious. Will definitely make again."
"easy, tasty and can be made almost any time with such basic ingredients."
"We really liked this dish I only had diced tomatoes, so I cooked the sauce a little longer. It worked well. I will make it again for sure,"
"We love Italian chicken recipes and this one will get made again really soon. So tasty!No need to modify this recipe."
"Really good. Definitely a keeper. easy to make."
"made as stated and it tasted fine made again and added extra garlic and red peppers for our own taste."
"Really easy, really tasty, the chicking was great!"
"I made this just as is and it was great! My whole family really enjoyed it!"