It’s-It Ice Cream Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + freezing Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup chopped raisins, optional
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 bottle (7-1/4 ounces) chocolate hard-shell ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in oats and, if desired, raisins.
- Shape into fourteen 1-1/4-in. balls; place 2-1/2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 11-13 minutes. Cool on pans 3 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- To assemble ice cream sandwiches, place 1/3 cup ice cream on bottom of a cookie. Top with a second cookie, pressing gently to flatten ice cream. Place on a baking sheet; freeze until firm. Repeat with remaining cookies and ice cream.
- Remove ice cream sandwiches from the freezer. Working over a small bowl, drizzle chocolate topping over half of each sandwich, allowing excess to drip off.
- Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; freeze until serving. Wrap individually in plastic wrap for longer storage.
Nutrition Facts1 ice cream sandwich: 580 calories, 29g fat (16g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 364mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Sep 30, 2017
These were great. My kids love to make ice cream sandwiches. We used caramel ice cream and they were fantastic.
Aug 11, 2014
So yummy!! The cookies remain chewing even straight out of the freezer. Next time I will make smaller cookies, as these are huge!
Aug 3, 2014
These taste exactly like the real deal. The cookie recipe is the key. And instead of just half , we covered them completely in chocolate (which is how they come out of package). Will definitely be making them again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.