Take a tasty trip to the tropics without leaving home by making these Hawaiian-style snacks. Of course, pineapple, coconut and macadamia nuts are involved. —Jennifer Heasley, York, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 4 medium bananas, sliced
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine honey and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until blended. Brush onto both sides of tortillas; sprinkle tops with sugar mixture.
- Stack tortillas, top sides up; cut into sixths. Arrange wedges, sugared sides up, in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cool completely on wire racks.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, vanilla and remaining sugar until creamy. Beat in whipped topping until blended. Fold in pineapple. Arrange tortilla wedges on a large serving platter. Spoon cream cheese mixture over wedges. Top with bananas, coconut and nuts. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 296 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.