Island Spiced Salmon
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 salmon fillet (2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Rub over flesh side of fillet; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Place skin side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 229 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 382mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 28, 2015
One of my favorite ways to prepare salmon. My picky husband liked it too
Mar 4, 2012
My husband is not always a willing participant in the "eating healthy" area. To him, fish should be fried in beer batter! He loves salmon made this way. He tells other people who don't like salmon they need to try it this way! I make this almost weekly!
Sep 19, 2011
Overall, I thought it was way too sweet. If I were going to try it again, I would change it up - cut back on the brown sugar and add more cumin and a dash of cayenne.
Dec 24, 2010
This was very easy to put together and I'm as lazy as they come when putting recipes together. Had a number of people over to try this and all have really enjoyed it.
May 19, 2010
I have made this several times. It is my favorite way to serve salmon, and it is so easy! I add a little garlic powder and onion powder to the rub, and some dried basil, because I add basil to everything.